Saving CAD Dimensions
Q: I need to show the overall depth dimensions on my objects for my architect. I want to save these dimensions so I don't have to apply them each time. Can this be done?
A: Yes, you can apply CAD Dimensions to objects and save it back to the catalog.
1) Start a new job, place a Base cabinet on a Wall, take to Assembly Editor \ Plan view.
2) Go to CAD \ Dimensions and pull out a Dimension line from the back of the object to the front. Hint: Turn on the Snap Points to make this easier.
3) Return to Room Level \ Plan view, right click on the cabinet, select Properties \ Show Plan CAD, OK.
4) You will now see the total depth of the object.
5) Right click the cabinet, select Save As.
6) Give the cabinet a new name and select the Preserve CAD option, OK.
7) Now you can use this object over and over and it will always have the overall Dimension attached.
<< Back to Tips and Tricks